Booking a 10-lesson package will ensure a discount for the Business / Grammar and Conversation Course.
About Silvia Chirila
I have over 12 years' experience in teaching that is tightly connected with the English language, although not exclusively with it. I have worked with people of different ages and from several countries. My mastery of English is certified not only through my studies, but also thanks to my experience in translation, editing, and proofreading. I have worked with documents, résumés, job applications, professional correspondence, web content, articles etc. and I translated several books in collaboration with renowned publishing houses. My most significant achievements in this field are Michael Johnston's study Syndromes of Corruption. Wealth, Power, and Democracy, Salman Rushdie's collection of essays Imaginary Homelands, Franz K. Stanzel's Theorie des Erzählens and Executive Intelligence by Justin Menkes.
Languages have always been my calling and my passion. I hold a B.A. in English (major). Once I graduated from this program in 2004, I knew without any doubt that my further specialization and my career would be closely related to the English language. My vocation thus impelled me to go on with an M.A. in American Cultural Studies in parallel with my work as an English teacher. Not only did my M.A. studies enable me to get acquainted with new dimensions of the English-speaking world, but also they engendered a deepening of my knowledge of English. After my M.A. I decided to start working on a research project in North American Literature and Culture at the Humboldt University of Berlin. My teaching experience had already included courses and seminars in the Department of Communication Sciences, Petre Andrei University of Iasi during the years I worked as a Teaching and Research Associate. The Berlin years enriched my teaching experience in higher education with new courses in the Department of American Studies and in the Center for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies (HU Berlin).
- Humor and Ambivalence in the Novels of Toni Morrison | Chirilă | Current Objectives of Postgraduate American Studies
- Ambiguity and Idiosyncratic Syntax in the Poems of E. E. Cummings
- Tension and Paradox in the Construction of Collective Identity through Narrative in Toni Morrison’s Paradise
- "Public Speaking: Why Your Presentation Sucks: How to Lose the Stage Fright & Win" by Collin C. Young
- "Patrii imaginare. Eseuri si studii critice: 1981-1991" by Salman Rushdie
- "Teoria naratiunii" by Stanzel, K.Frantz
- Ziarul local. Cum să scrii pentru publicaţia unei comunităţi
- Corupția și formele sale. Bogăție, putere și democrație
English courses in Berlin
- Grammar & Spelling
- Job/Study applications
- Tests and exams
- B.A/M.A./Ph.D. theses
- Higher grades
- Business English